Saturday, May 05, 2007
A broken heart, can never break an iron will.
A love that never seems to fade, now blemished, does not end though tainted.
Do I break beneath the weight of lies?
Or do I bend and hope that truth will prevail?
No other love could surpass mine.
No other's shoulders bear this that I hold daily.
But can I stand to know that which I cannot stand to know?
But then can I stand not to?
Can I live with the knowledge that while cherished, nurtured, even loved,
I am not held true and only.
What is it that I cannot give, that another can?
What reality has warped that which we called our destiny?
Do I hold you too close, too strong?
Do I smother, when all I crave is to give love?
I am not a fighter, nor am I as weak and stupid as I am perceived.
I am a woman and I will be that which I have to be.
But I don't know how.
I just don't know how.
I'm sorry, I GIVE UP.
Labels: Hopelessly Devoted
ready for love at 3:00 AM.